Project Full-Length is creative partnership project where students dive into a 2-3 month long creation process with Alvin Collantes. At the end of the process, Alvin in collaboration with the students present the full-length dance work on stage. This project aims to provide students the experience to work intimately with a choreographer for a long period as well as gain professional tools and show experience. Show Concept, Artistic Direction, Choreographic Material, Dramaturgy and Song Selections provided by Alvin Collantes.
I am a Studio Director,
a.) How can I get involved?
Role: STUDIO SPONSOR & SHOW PRODUCING ROLE:
- Studio Director serves the role as "Show Producer", where they hold responsibility for "day of show" duties, booking theatre space, ticket sales & registration, sharing marketing duties, and provide rehearsal space.
- Ticket Sales Revenue managed by Studio Director. Director receives gross profit of ticket sales after expenses incurred.
- Program fees & registration managed by Alvin Collantes.
b.) What expenses am I looking at?
- Theatre Booking Rental
- Ticket Logistics & Registration
- Promotional Materials
- Printing of tickets, posters & show programmes
- Set Design/Costumes (included in the program fee)
I am a Dancer,
a.) Am I eligible to participate?
- Senior/graduating students ages 14-19 years old.
- Extensive training in Contemporary/Ballet/Modern
- A member of the Host Organization / Studio Sponsor
b.) Can I participate if I come from a different studio?
- Program is geared exclusively for members of the studio sponsor.
c.) What does the Program include?
- An audition process to cast roles in the full-length work
- 40-50 hours of creation & rehearsal process in the studio
- Movement mentoring & coaching by Alvin Collantes
- Photography with Alvin Collantes
d.) How much does the Program cost?
- Program fee: $300 + HST
- Payment is accepted by Cheque or E-Transfer
Project Full-Length with Rasasvada Dance Company
Show: "KOMA ALDRI", June 2016